Strömmingsbådan lighthouse is located on a small rocky island at the southern end of the Kvarken where only the lighthouse, lighthouse keeper's house and a few small buildings are located.
Here the herring fishermen lay out with their nets, hence the name. The 12-metre-tall iron lighthouselighthouse at Strömmingsbådan was built in 1885 and was manned until 1963.
Fäliskäret in the Rönnskär archipelago is a popular and
protected area excursion port for leisure boats.
Here is a beacon built in 1784, the oldest preserved sea mark along the coast of the Gulf of Bothnia. The station was closed in 1983.
Norrskär is home to Ostrobothnia's oldest lighthouse, which was
also the last manned lighthouse in Finland. The last
lighthouse keeper left the island in 1987. The lighthouse is
33 m above sea level and can be seen up to 30 nautical
STORSKÄR - KIRKEGARDZSKÄRET
Storskär with surrounding islets and cliffs is the largest in
Rönnskär's archipelago and has long been a
important fishing village.
The terrain within the whole area is rocky and barren but
there are several orchids and other rare plants.
Here is a cemetery located which according to legend was built by Bishop Arvid Kurck whose ship ran aground here
There are several hiking trails on the island. Along the paths there are interesting ancient monuments.
Feel free to take a cooling dip in the Southern bay.
Molpehällorna is located in the world natural heritage and consists of a number of conjoined islands that specifically testify to the land uplift.
Molpehällorna has previously functioned as a sea guard station but it was closed down in 1991.
At Molpehällorna there is a 3 km. long hiking trail and a reconstruction of Vippbåken which according to sources was built in 1668. In the basket, a fire was lit which was raised to show the way for the boat drivers.